Sexual misconduct and gender-based discrimination cases have been in the news quite a bit lately, but victims are not limited to famous Hollywood celebrities or people working in politics.
In fact, it has become clear that sexual misconduct and discrimination remain rampant in American society today.
Sauder Schelkopf has a nationally recognized sexual misconduct practice. The firm’s attorneys have represented survivors of clergy sexual abuse in dioceses throughout the country. Our firm currently serves as court-appointed lead counsel in courts across the country. The attorneys at Sauder Schelkopf have recovered over $500 million on behalf of their clients and class members. Our attorneys have been recognized by LawDragon in its list of the “500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers” for 2022. This list notes: “From the opioid epidemic to toxic substances and defective products, truck accidents to wildfires and sexual abuse, these are the lawyers who stand on the front line in individual lawsuits and class actions seeking justice.” Mr. Schelkopf was named to Pennsylvania’s Best Lawyers® 2022 for Class Actions/Mass Tort Litigation. The American Lawyer named Mr. Sauder to its 2021 Northeast Trailblazers. The honor recognizes 60 lawyers who are “truly agents of change.” It “recognizes professionals in the Northeast who have moved the needle in the legal industry.” The Legal Intelligencer named Mr. Sauder and Mr. Schelkopf in its 2020 Pennsylvania Trailblazers list recognizing 31 lawyers who “have taken extra measures to contribute to positive outcomes . . . and who are truly agents of change.” The Legal highlighted Mr. Sauder’s innovative work on advocacy as class counsel in large institutional sex abuse cover-ups, women’s, and children’s rights. Our attorneys have also consistently been recognized by our peers being named to Pennsylvania SuperLawyer, a distinction held by the top 5% of attorneys in Pennsylvania. Our attorneys have also been selected by the National Trial Lawyers Association as the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania.
- Sauder Schelkopf, and co-counsel, reached a $215 million settlement on behalf of female patients of Dr. George Tyndall, a gynecologist at the University of Southern California accused of sexual misconduct since the 1990s.
- We have represented survivors of clergy sexual abuse in dioceses throughout the country.
- We have a lawsuit pending on behalf of males who were victims of sexual misconduct by Dr. Richard Strauss, the Ohio State team doctor, while they were students and student-athletes at Ohio State University.
- We recently announced a landmark class action settlement in which the University of Michigan agreed to “major institutional reforms.” It was alleged that UofM’s longtime employment of a predatory former sports doctor evidenced a toxic environment where students face an increased risk of sexual violence in violation of Title IX. The settlement comes after widespread allegations by over 1000 survivors of sexual misconduct by Dr. Robert E. Anderson, former director of University Health Service, and a former athletic team physician, who worked at the University of Michigan from 1968 until his retirement in 2003.
We are currently litigating or investigating cases on behalf of individuals who were victims of sexual misconduct by members/employees of the following institutions:
- Medical Providers
- Youth Organizations
- Educational Institutions
- Juvenile Facilities
- Catholic Church Sexual Abuse
- Fast Food Industry
ACCOUNTABILITY FOR VICTIMS
Cases of sexual misconduct and discrimination can arise in different environments, including schools and colleges, workplaces and even when patients are receiving health care. If you or someone you know was the victim of sexual misconduct or discriminated against because of their gender, Sauder Schelkopf may be able to help.
EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
Sauder Schelkopf’s Sexual Misconduct/Gender Discrimination attorneys include former prosecutors who have extensive experience investigating and trying cases. We represent victims of all ages. It is through our experience and unwavering dedication that Sauder Schelkopf brings justice to our clients.
Contact us for a free confidential consultation to discuss your potential case.